About The Green Machine Waterless Truck Wash System
While waterless car washing systems or ‘eco-washes’ are not a new concept, we definitely felt there was an opportunity for an affordable, handy, sustainable and user-friendly alternative product that saves water in South Africa, whilst at the same time being economically favourable to operate for business applications.
The Green Machine Truck Wash does exactly that. Using a harmless, water-soluble wax which is sprayed on and wiped off with a micro-fibre cloth, the Green Machine uses minimal water and does not contribute pollution to the water system.
A quick glance at some of the benefits of using The Green Machine Truck Wash:
- It saves precious fresh drinking water by only using 2L of water per wash as opposed to the 500-litres per wash needed for a regular wash bay.
- The only water needed in The Green Machine Truck wash system is to rinse the micro-fibre cloths and all cleaning products used are harmless water-soluble products often found in food. This means when it rains or when cloths are cleaned, any of the residue entering back into the water system does not pollute the water.
- The product containers are reused continuously, meaning there are minimal manufacturing processes involved, thus ensuring that both water and energy are efficiently conserved
Why Use Green Machine Truck Wash
The Green Machine is an environmentally friendly, waterless car washing system which is both a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to the traditional and now outdated car wash.
The Green Machine promises:
- 100% environmentally friendly.
- 100% natural and soluble cleaning agents. Zero ‘toxic runoff’ or water pollution.
- Each car wash saves 500 litres of water.
- Only natural wax from the Carnauba Palm. This incredible eco-friendly product ensures a shiny finish which doesn’t damage the vehicle’s paint.
- UV paintwork protection without discolouration. Our wax isn’t sensitive to temperatures like other wax which becomes sticky, attracting dust and insects.
Are you interested in learning more about how the Green Machine works? Watch our informative video below which explains everything you need to know.
What do you get in your Green Machine?
- 2x Pressurised canister and spray for the wax.
- The canister is pumped by hand to pressurise it and the atomiser provides an easy way to get even but light coverage to prevent wastage.
- A pump empties a small amount (750ml) into the basin to rinse the cleaning cloths, which is then drained into a second container that can be conveniently and safely emptied into a sewage drain.
- The cart is on wheels and weights on 28kg to make it easily mobile. It is also compact for easy storage.
- Special micro-fibre cloths easily wipe away the wax and buff the car. They are conveniently colour coded for each product.
- Separate cleaning products for the tyres, windows and headlights. All products are environmentally friendly.
About the Wax
Carnauba wax, also known as palm wax, comes from the leaves of a palm native only to the north-east of Brazil. The raw wax is obtained from the leaves of the Carnauba palm by beating them to loosen the wax.
Carnauba wax is used in a variety of products such as shoe polishes, dental floss, food products, make-up, furniture waxes and surfboard wax. We, of course, use it to clean your vehicle.
We import the raw wax from South America and, once in South Africa, we refine and dilute it to make it more suitable to use on vehicles and fully water-soluble.
Did you know you could clean a dirty Truck without water?
The waterless car wash system works by simply spraying on, wiping off and buffing to a shine. The Green Machine uses waterless car wash products that lift the dirt from the vehicle by a process of emulsification; meaning that the spray breaks down the dirt into molecules, surrounds and coats the dirt molecules, lifting them off the surface.
Imagine the process as a Smartie, the coloured candy coating being the emulsification, or the waterless product, and the chocolate centre being the dirt encased.
The Green Machine’s Carnauba wax and micro-fibre cloth, the surface is buffed to a shiny velvet smooth finish with no scratches because the dirt is suspended from the vehicle.
How it Works
- Spray the vehicles with the wax, avoiding the windows and tyres. The wax will stick to dirt and dust, holding it in suspension.
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the wax and dirt off the car, rinsing the cloth occasionally in the machine’s basin. There is no need to scrub or put pressure on the car, reducing the risk of scratches.
- Use the glass, rim and tyre cleaners with the correct colour coded cloths to clean the windows, tyres and headlights and rims. The tyre cleaner requires a sponge rather than a microfiber cloth as it is easier to clean with.
This whole process is faster than using the traditional method of washing with a bucket and water.
A wide range of accessories is available through CMH, including floor polishers and industrial vacuum cleaners. Click here to visit our store.
Wash Bay Benefits
Convert your wash bay!
Green Machine’s Truck wash system is an innovative approach to business. Not only will it improve working space, it will also prevents interruptions, and helps restructures companies to save money and operate at a better profit margin.
The Green Machine renders traditional wash bays inactive and saves you millions of litres of water, time and operating costs, all without and sacrificing quality or productivity.
Saves water and electricity!
The Green Machine uses less than 2 litre of water per wash. In fact, the only water used in the entire process is to rinse the soft dust and dirt absorbing microfiber towel, which doesn’t scratch or damage the paintwork.
Traditional truck washes cause ‘toxic runoff’ produced by the dirty water filled with grime, dirt, and grease running off the truck, harming the environment. Instead of water, the Green Machine uses a no-water protectant called Carnuba wax that both cleans and waxes and remains on the body of the car to give it a shiny finish that doesn’t damage the paint.
For more info about Carnuba Wax, please click here.
UV rays make the paintwork of a car fade and discolour over time. Conventional car wax provides hardly any protection against this, however, the Green Machine’s waterless car wash product has a UV protection and doesn’t cause discolouration. The wax also isn’t sensitive to temperature like other wax which becomes sticky, attracting dust and insects, ultimately damaging the paintwork.
• Uses less than 3 litre of water per wash
• Saves up to 500 litres of drinking water per wash
• System is 100% environmentally friendly
• Cleaning agents are natural and soluble
• The only water used in the process is to rinse the microfiber towel
Fundamentally, the Green Machine involves a total cost reduction of 50% for the entire washing process.
Who knew one machine could reduce all costs?
Due to the lower water consumption, there is a 95% water cost reduction for each vehicle cleaned. Also, because of the major decrease in the need for water and electricity, operating costs are brought down completely, creating a more profitable process.
With less consumption of soap and water, it equates to less labour, thus generating more profit.
• 50% total cost reduction of the washing process
• 95% water cost reduction from lower consumption
• Operating costs are brought down
• More overall profit
The Green Machine renders all wash bays inactive, without the necessity of a wash bay there is more space for the workstation.
Why waste space with a wash bay?
With the competence of the mobile Green Machine that comes to the truck, no vehicle needs to be moved from the workshop to a secure parking space at the wash bay.
The vehicle can be cleaned where it is parked, improving vehicle security because it doesn’t need to leave the eyes of the workshop. As a result of less transportation around the workstation, insurance and labour costs decrease as fewer risks and services are involved.
Without the need of a wash bay, that redundant area can be extended to increase the size of the workshop, thus providing more space for vehicles to be serviced, which results in additional potential customers.
Some businesses build a brand new wash bay to accommodate their car washing needs and don’t realise that this can be easily prevented. Another opportunity the Green Machine offers is the chance to close off the inactive wash bay area, allowing the business to downsize, saving money on rent space.
• Wasted wash bay space means more workshop space
• More potential customers
• Can close off old wash bay area and down-size, saving space on rent
• Insurance and labour savings from less car movement
• Improved vehicle security
Time is no longer wasted moving vehicles to the wash bay because “the wash comes to the car”, generating more convenience. The Green Machine is fully mobile, self-contained and considerably light and manoeuvrable.
Don’t move your Truck, the Green Machine comes to you!
The waterless Truck wash provides a complete all-in-one vehicle wash, in less time than a traditional Truck wash, including rims and tyres.
The treatment will clean the car by removing the dirt, and then polish and protect the body of the car. The same product will clean the glass windows and the wheels, saving time during the entire process on those difficult areas. Without the ‘wetting and drying’ portion of the car wash, time is reduced even further per wash!
The average wash time is reduced through the efficiency of the process. Once the truck has been tended to at the workshop, there is no need for it to be moved to a separate floor for washing. With the convenience of the Green Machine, workflow in the workshop doesn’t need to be interrupted by issues with working space, repositioning, cleaning up unnecessary mess and confusion.
There is no need to carry rags, mops, buckets, hosepipes, newspaper, shampoo, wax, sponges, chamois, etc. The neat little Green Machine has it all in one easy application.
• Trucks no longer need to be moved, the wash comes to the Truck
• Washed in a faster time than the traditional wash, including rims and tyres
• Workflow is uninterrupted