About The Green Machine Waterless Car Wash System
While waterless car washing systems or ‘eco-washes’ are not a new concept, we definitely felt there was an opportunity for an affordable, handy, sustainable and user-friendly alternative product that saves water in South Africa, whilst at the same time being economically favourable to operate for business applications.
The Green Machine does exactly that. Using a harmless, water-soluble wax which is sprayed on and wiped off with a micro-fibre cloth, the Green Machine uses minimal water and does not contribute pollution to the water system.
A quick glance at some of the benefits of using The Green Machine:
- It saves precious fresh drinking water by only using 750ml of water per wash as opposed to the 200-litres per wash needed for a regular wash bay.
- The only water needed in The Green Machine wash system is to rinse the micro-fibre cloths and all cleaning products used are harmless water-soluble products often found in food. This means when it rains or when cloths are cleaned, any of the residue entering back into the water system does not pollute the water.
- The product containers are reused continuously, meaning there are minimal manufacturing processes involved, thus ensuring that both water and energy are efficiently conserved.
Why Use Green Machine
The Green Machine is an environmentally friendly, waterless car washing system which is both a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to the traditional and now outdated car wash.
Taking 25 minutes to wash and wax your vehicle, the Green Machine now sets the standard in environmentally friendly modern car wash systems. It not only cleans your vehicle, it leaves a velvet smooth and protective wax covering that doesn’t damage paintwork, keeping it cleaner and protected for longer
The Green Machine promises:
- 100% environmentally friendly.
- 100% natural and soluble cleaning agents. Zero ‘toxic runoff’ or water pollution.
- All-in-one vehicle wash, wax, protection and polish faster than a traditional wash. Including rims and tyres.
- Each car wash saves 200 litres of water.
- We save a whopping 110 million litres of drinking water per year. 80 eco-friendly bays operating across the country use The Green Machine wash system.
- Only natural wax from the Carnauba Palm. This incredible eco-friendly product ensures a shiny finish which doesn’t damage the vehicle’s paint.
- UV paintwork protection without discolouration. Our wax isn’t sensitive to temperatures like other wax which becomes sticky, attracting dust and insects.
Are you interested in learning more about how the Green Machine works? Watch our informative video below which explains everything you need to know.
What do you get in your Green Machine?
- Pressurised canister and spray for the wax.
- The canister is pumped by hand to pressurise it and the atomiser provides an easy way to get even but light coverage to prevent wastage.
- A pump empties a small amount (750ml) into the basin to rinse the cleaning cloths, which is then drained into a second container that can be conveniently and safely emptied into a sewage drain.
- The cart is on wheels and weights on 28kg to make it easily mobile. It is also compact for easy storage.
- Special micro-fibre cloths easily wipe away the wax and buff the car. They are conveniently colour coded for each product.
- Separate cleaning products for the tyres, windows and headlights. All products are environmentally friendly.
About the Wax
Carnauba wax, also known as palm wax, comes from the leaves of a palm native only to the north-east of Brazil. The raw wax is obtained from the leaves of the Carnauba palm by beating them to loosen the wax.
Carnuba wax is used in a variety of products such as shoe polishes, dental floss, food products, make-up, furniture waxes and surfboard wax. We, of course, use it to clean your vehicle.
We import the raw wax from South America and, once in South Africa, we refine and dilute it to make it more suitable to use on vehicles and fully water-soluble.
Did you know you could clean a dirty car without water?
The waterless car wash system works by simply spraying on, wiping off and buffing to a shine. The Green Machine uses waterless car wash products that lift the dirt from the vehicle by a process of emulsification; meaning that the spray breaks down the dirt into molecules, surrounds and coats the dirt molecules, lifting them off the surface.
Imagine the process as a Smartie, the coloured candy coating being the emulsification, or the waterless product, and the chocolate centre being the dirt encased.
The Green Machine’s Carnauba wax and micro-fibre cloth, the surface is buffed to a shiny velvet smooth finish with no scratches because the dirt is suspended from the vehicle.
How it Works
- Spray the vehicles with the wax, avoiding the windows and tyres. The wax will stick to dirt and dust, holding it in suspension.
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the wax and dirt off the car, rinsing the cloth occasionally in the machine’s basin. There is no need to scrub or put pressure on the car, reducing the risk of scratches.
- Take a second microfiber cloth and buff the car. The residue from the wax will create a high shine on the vehicle similar to a chemical based wax.
- Use the glass, rim and tyre cleaners with the correct colour coded cloths to clean the windows, tyres and headlights and rims. The tyre cleaner requires a sponge rather than a microfiber cloth as it is easier to clean with.
This whole process is faster than using the traditional method of washing with a bucket and water.
A wide range of accessories is available through CMH, including floor polishers and industrial vacuum cleaners. Click here to visit our store.